Project Highlight: Whisper Valley - Austin, TX
A new kind of energy for a new kind of community
Francis Solar, in partnership with Ecosmart Solution and Taurus LP, designed renewable energy systems for a 7700-home master-planned community near Austin, Texas. Spanning more than 2000 acres, and including two million ft² of commercial space, the Whisper Valley community will set a new precedent for sustainable design. The entire community, which also features dedicated Google Fiber internet, will be net-zero capable, powered by Francis Solar.
The individual residences were aided by Francis’ “solar-ready” design, and will feature between 4-6kW DC systems, including Canadian Solar Panels and Fronius Inverters. Because of the Geothermal HVAC systems in each house and other energy efficiency measures, the homes can attain net-zero status without oversizing the solar arrays.
Upon completion, the Whisper Valley community will feature approximately 35 MW of solar.
The Francis Solar Scope
- Renewable Energy System Designs/Development
- Net Zero Energy Consultancy
- Community-level solar consultancy and design
- Solar power system design, procurement, installation, and service
- EV Charging consultancy, procurement, installation, and service
- Home Energy Storage consultancy, design, procurement, installation, and service